Tuesday, June 28, 2011

We're not dead, I promise.


Hey Everybody!

Since the last time I posted we’ve been to Venice, Napoli, Sorrento, and Capri.  That’s about all you’re going to get for now because we have to pay for wi-fi here, and we have a lot of packing/planning to do tonight.  Yeah, there’s only 2 ½ days left and we still don’t have it completely planned out. 

I will however continue my points of interest section quickly…

1)  Capri is beautiful.  Everybody needs to do a day trip like we did.

2) We thought Sorrento had the craziest streets in the world…until we got to Capri.  Capri had straight U-turns all the way up the side of a cliff...not the side of a mountain…the side of a cliff.  Not to mention the roads were about 7 feet wide and 2 full size buses were passing at the same time…on the side of a cliff.

3) We’ve lived in a trailer for the past 2 days.

4) Dudes wear half speedo, half thong bathing suits here.  Gross.

5) Weiner dogs are the dog of choice in Venice (I hope somebody from the Cooper family is reading).

6) Don’t ever get directly off a train in Venice and say (I must admit, I said it), “Ohh, water!  I want to eat on the water…let’s get something to eat on the water, 12 feet from the only place tourists come to Venice!”  It will cost you 50 Euro (~$75) for an 8 inch pizza, a small bowl of clams/mussels, and 2 waters.

7) I’ll give you my entire life savings of $24 if you can map your walk from one end of Venice to the other, and not make a wrong turn while getting there.

8) You can get lemons the size of a large cantaloupe in Sorrento.  Not exaggerating at all.

9) If you hit the back roads of Italy you can find bottles of wine for 1 Euro.  We’re not cheap though, so we sprung for the 3 Euro bottle instead.

10) We live in a trailer.

Hope you’re all doing well in your homes that are connected to the ground, have air conditioning, and don’t have approximately 400 mosquitoes in them.

…I’m just kidding, we’re having the time of our lives!  We wouldn’t trade any of this (including the trailer) for the world!

I’ll be writing my detailed blogs about each place we visited tomorrow on our trains/plane back to London. 

Mind the gap,
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment